by Matthew Jones
- Known for
- President of Shepherding the Heart Ministries (shepherdingtheheart.org)
- Books on children and parenting centered on heart change, juxtapose behavior change by itself
- Pastor at Grace Fellowship Church in Hazleton, Pennsylvania since June 1983 – 2012 .
A. Early life
- Tripp was born in in 1946 in Toledo, Ohio.
- Bachelor of Arts in history from Geneva College 
- Master of Divinity from Philadelphia Theological Seminary 
- Doctor of Ministry from Westminster Theological Seminary 
C. Significant life events that impacted person
- Prior to seminary, Tedd worked in industry and building trades 
- Tedd married Margy in 1968 
- Tedd and Margy have three Children born in 1969, 1972, and 1973. 
- Tedd and his wife, Margy, founded Immanuel Christian School in 1979. Tedd served as a teacher and principal for four years and continues to serve on the school’s board.
III. Theological views
A. Tedd Tripp holds to the view that people were created as worshippers. Humans were created to worship (Romans 1:18-25), either God or something else. Further, he would affirm people are born into sin and therefor have hearts that creates “idols” in place of God-. Therefore, exchanging proper worship of God for created things. Behavior- that is- outward and seen, is an outflow of one’s inward worship.
B. As noted above, Tedd Tripp formerly pastored at Grace Fellowship Church. This church is affiliated with the Reformed Baptist Network 
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart
- Instructing a Child’s Heart
- Hints for Parents
- “Communicate with Teens”, written July 13, 2010 
- Tedd was interviewed by Tony Reinke for a consecutive week on the, The Ask Pastor John Podcast (Desiringgod.org), on the following ideas and titles: Is Parenting Complicated or Simple? What is the Greatest Threat to the Christian Family? Helping Children Discover Heart Idols, Why Parents Spank, and lastly, Why Parents Don’t Spank 
- Drive By Parenting: A 31-Part Conversation about Shepherding a Child’s Heart, hosted by Todd Friel 
- Rejuvenating the Gospel in Your Marriage and Family– an audio recording in 2010 of seven Shepherd Press authors. The authors shared, “biblical wisdom with the power to renew your life and marriage”. Tedd Tripp contributed two lessons titled: Rejuvenating the Gospel in Your Marriage, and The Empty Nest Season of Marriage 
- Three lessons from Tedd Tripp: Shepherding Your Child’s Heart: Ages 0-5, Ages 6-12, and Teenagers 
- Sixteen various sermons and teachings from Sermonaudio.com 
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart: A 12-Part Video on Parenting 
- Instructing a Child’s Heart: A 13-Part Video Series on Formative Instruction 
V. Influence on Biblical Counseling
- The greatest impact Tedd Tripp has contributed to Biblical Counseling is his best-selling child rearing book, Shepherding a Child’s Heart. Tedd proves that children as adults, live out of their heart, and need to learn to worship God and not idols . Since 1994, Tedd has devoted most of his time and energy as a conference speaker. He primarily presents seminars related to his book, Shepherding a Child’s Heart . Tedd applies years of experience in applying the principles of Biblical Counseling specifically to parents and children.
 “About Shepherding The Heart Ministries.” Shepherding the Heart Ministries, 6 Dec. 1970, shepherdingtheheart.org/about/. Accessed 30 Nov 2019.
 “Author: Tedd Tripp.” Shepherd Press, 21 Nov. 2019, www.shepherdpress.com/store/authors/tedd-tripp/. Accessed 30 Nov 2019.
 “Beliefs.” Grace Fellowship Church, www.gfchazleton.org/about-us/beliefs/. Accessed 5 Dec 2019.
 “A Note from Dr. Tripp.” Shepherding the Heart Ministries, shepherdingtheheart.org/about/note-from-dr-tripp/. Accessed 30 Nov 2019.
 “REASONS FOR RBNet.” Reformed Baptist Network, reformedbaptistnetwork.com/about/.
 Reinke, Tony, and Tedd Tripp. Desiring God: Ask Pastor John Podcast, www.desiringgod.org/authors/tedd-tripp. Accessed 3 Dec 2019.
 “Rejuvenating the Gospel in Your Marriage and Family.” Shepherd Press, 20 Nov. 2019, www.shepherdpress.com/products/rejuvenating-the-gospel/. Accessed 3 Dec 2019.
 “ShepherdPress.” YouTube, www.youtube.com/channel/UCvjwUyZIScwmx_JHoKt1Wzg. Accessed 5 Dec 2019.
 “Tedd Tripp Sermons.” SermonAudio, www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?keyword=Tedd_Tripp&SpeakerOnly=true. Accessed 5 Dec 2019.
 “Tedd Tripp.” Monergism, www.monergism.com/topics/mp3-audio-multimedia/family-and-marriage/tedd-tripp. Accessed 1 Dec 2019.
 Tripp, Tedd. “Communicate with Teens.” Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation, 22 Feb. 2019, http://www.ccef.org/communicate-teens/.
 Tripp, Tedd. Shepherding a Child’s Heart. Shepherd Press, 1995.